There is no doubt that massage therapy has a lot of benefits. Sure, it can help you relax, but massage therapy can do much more than that.
Beside the obvious reason of convenience, here are 17 other reasons why you should consider our Mobile Massage Therapy Service!
- Relieves muscle tension by enhancing blood flow, which causes muscles to relax.
- Increases circulation, which allows the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the lymph system, the body’s natural defence, against toxic invaders. Furthermore, increased circulation of blood and lymph systems, Improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
- Releases endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller. For this reason, massage is incorporated in treatment for chronic illnesses, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Improves range of motion and decreases discomfort associated with lower back pain.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles.
- Reduces muscle spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility and as knots and nodules in muscles are broken down. This will lead to increased mobility and flexibility
- Reduces pain intensity by diminishing bodily substances that create and prolong the pain.
- Research has found that a 30-minute neck massage can reduce depression, lower levels of the stress hormones cortisol and norepinephrine, improve alertness and raise the quality of sleep.
- Massage is an instinctive pain reliever- if we hurt ourselves we naturally rub it better’ as the brain releases morphine-like chemicals, which with endorphins, will dull pain.
- Indian head Massage can greatly reduce tension headaches and eyestrain.
- Reflexology is a less invasive way of treating physical and mental stress by working foot meridians instead of applying pressure to the stressed part of the body.
- Hot Stone Therapy – the heat and pressure of using hot stones on your body combine to melt away tension and muscle stiffness. The hot stone massage has a sedative effect that promotes deep relaxation
- Massage is geared towards athletes of every kind It can enhance pre-event preparation or reduce recovery time for maximum performance during or after the event. It reduces fatigue, improves endurance and helps prepare your body and mind for optimum performance.
- Pregnancy Massage – This massage can relieve backache, stiff muscles, neck and leg cramps associated with pregnancy. Plain vegetable oils are used and extra pillows to alleviate stress on the lower back and pelvis. It also contributes to shorter labour, reduces the need for medication and aids in quicker recovery in pregnant women.
- Aromatherapy massage – each oil has specific benefits and contraindications so you choose the oil you need for a specific effect .i.e. lavender, the weakest known, has antiviral and antibacterial properties as well as relaxing effect on body and mind. Combine this oil with clove and cypress oil and you have the ideal combination to relax and warm sore muscles and promote sleep.